Saturday, July 6, 2013

What is a Writing Prompt?

Writing Prompt to me is writing all your thoughts - raw and unedited -  in a piece of paper or somewhere in a given period of time.

I do this to exercise my brain that could possibly open me to interesting concepts that I might want to write about in the future and also in hope to regain my muse.

In a writing prompt, I can curse the world or bluff, I can stutter or just tell anything that comes to mind. May it be the weirdest and most absurd ideas ever. My mentors always tell me that raw thoughts express your real emotions. They are in their best form because you are delivering them raw. You don't care of grammatical or semantic functions. You just write for yourself and all.

So, to exercise my mind, I'll start posting writing prompts here.

No comments:

Post a Comment