Thursday, April 18, 2013

Marry Me

Note: I wrote this on the 22nd day of March because of a very heart-wrenching performance (monologue) by a friend in a speech communication class. Her piece broke my heart and led me to the search of Train's Marry Me. Until now, I still don't have the copy of that song. :(

Disclaimer: I already posted this on AFF as a blogpost entitled  'I Dare You', but this is the original title of that short drabble.


Title: Marry Me
Category: Fiction
Key Word/s: Marriage



"Promise me you'll always be happy by my side...I promise to sing to you when all the music dies..." 
-Marry Me, Train



000-


In this flowing lacy white dress I’m wearing, where the ends embraced the ground with gentle compassion and the fabric clinging to me like a second skin – delicately fitting like a glove – I dare you to look at me.

I dare you to see past the tremble of my hands beneath the bouquet of white carnations, the stiff arch of my tensed shoulders, the soft gasps that formed after every small quiver of my lips, or every blink of my tear-stung eyes that will betray the strong emotion I’ve withheld from you.

I dare you to look at me in my barest and most vulnerable moment, to see past all the frames of my personality. I dare you to whisper the words that made me dizzy with affection and impaired my rational judgment of your species. I dare you to touch me without actually settling your hands on my skin and bring me again to the delightful world you have created where only you and I and future existed.

I dare you to answer me.

The gentlest blow of the wind tickled my nape and sent goose bumps to every available skin uncovered by fabric. Tears started prickling my eyes and my breathing labored. Hands tightened its grip on the lank stems of white carnations. Shoulders had lifted in violent gasping. A loud, broken sob erupted from my throat.

I dare you to answer me…even in your death.


 “Please…marry me.”



No comments:

Post a Comment